Assistant Manager - Apartment Community
CSI seeks an Assistant Manager to join our client’s Apartment Community.
Assistant Managers help staff create the best experience for prospective and future residents, reach occupancy goals and develop loyal relationships with service providers, property owners and residents.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Maintain resident files and address complaints in a timely manner
- Collect rent, deposits and hold fees
- Bookkeeping with appropriate software
- Record delinquencies
- Post late notices
- Acts as main point of contact in the absence of the Property Manager
- Develop resident retention plans
- Develop marketing strategies to increase traffic
- Implement strategies to meet monthly revenue goals
- Prepare reports about: property performance, data summaries, trends
- Post ads and plan or participate in open houses
- Monitor rental collections, occupancy rates, move ins and move outs
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
- Enforce community rules
- Inspect vacant units and request repairs
- Respond to resident complaints, concerns and requests
- Build strong resident relations and provide excellent customer service
- Coach team members
- Supervise and train on-site staff
- Show vacant units
Ideal candidates should possess a dynamic personality with an ability to interact and connect with all different personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. A can-do spirit with proven reliability is required.
You must be proficient in Microsoft Office, internet usage, and have at least two years' experience working in residential leasing.
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, MS Office, telephone
- Friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
A Big Plus:
- Bi-lingual skills
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
- Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
We offer temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a drug/toxicology screening test
- Required to pass a comprehensive criminal background check
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
- Must respect the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Compliance with the IPA Employee Safety and Compliance manual.
Additional Roles we place throughout Durham:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.