Assistant Managers with experience - Apartment Complex
CSI seeks Assistant Managers to cover shifts at our clients' Apartment Communities in temp or temp to hire opportunities.
Assistant managers help staff create the best experience for prospective and future residents, reach occupancy goals and develop loyal relationships with service providers, property owners and residents. They provide support to the Property Managers in all areas including maintenance, tenant relations, collections, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, risk management and property improvements.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Maintain resident files and address complaints in a timely manner
- Collect rent, deposits and hold fees
- Bookkeeping with appropriate software
- Record delinquencies
- Post late notices
- Acts as main point of contact in the absence of the Property Manager
- Develop resident retention plans
- Develop marketing strategies to increase traffic
- Implement strategies to meet monthly revenue goals
- Prepare reports about: property performance, data summaries, trends
- Post ads and plan or participate in open houses
- Monitor rental collections, occupancy rates, move ins and move outs
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
- Enforce community rules
- Inspect vacant units and request repairs
- Respond to resident complaints, concerns and requests
- Build strong resident relations and provide excellent customer service
- Coach team members
- Supervise and train on-site staff
- Show vacant units
Ideal candidates possess a dynamic personality with the ability to interact and connect with all personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role.
- Professional appearance
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and RELIABLE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, MS Office, telephone
- Friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
A Big Plus:
- Bi-lingual skills
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
- Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
Many successful employees have backgrounds in real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different. We’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Additional Roles we place throughout your area:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
John brings over 20 years of Property Management experience to Career Strategies. He has held positions of Regional Manager and Resident Manager as well as having all of the maintenance skills. He has 10+ years experience recruiting in both The Inland Empire and Orange County.
John has over 10 years experience training individuals in property management. He has taught property management classes throughout the country as well as at the Vocational College level in California. He is a Nationally Certified Property Management Instructor through The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Property Management Division, RAM Program. In addition, he is a Certified Instructor for The California Apartment Association as well as Certified by The Private Postsecondary & Vocational Education Department of the State of California.
At Career Strategies, John conducts the Leasing Seminars for all the new candidates. John has earned the following designations through NAHB: RAM, RAM Dean, CLP (Certified Leasing Professional) and through Affordable Housing Management Association (AHMA) Certified Occupancy Specialist I & II.