Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Maintenance and HVAC professionals to provide exceptional service at residential communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
- HVAC Maintenance
- Replace filters, cleans air conditioning vents on an as-needed basis
- Perform repairs to make-ready units in a timely manner
- Assist with inventory control
- Know the location of gas and water meter emergency cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs
- Report incidents or accidents occurring on the site
- Assist with trashing out units
- Inspect property for improvements and repairs
- Perform work order requests
- Assist with maintenance requests
- Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times
- Operate and perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment
- Paint interior and exterior of units and complex
- Keep the Maintenance shop clean and in order at all times.
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Prefer: Boiler License, HVAC, CPO, Universal CFC, other certifications are a PLUS
- Prefer: 1 year experience
- High school diploma
- Reliable means of transportation
- Outgoing, self-motivated and highly reliable
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Bilingual is a plus
Must be skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Must submit to a comprehensive criminal background check.
- Must pass a drug/toxicology screening test
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
- Compliance with the IPA Employee Safety and Compliance manual.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Additional Roles we place:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager