Leasing Consultant – Marketing Skills
CSI seeks a Marketing Assistant with real estate, leasing, or property management experience for several openings at residential communities. The Marketing Assistant promotes the leasing and occupancy goals of the community while promoting resident satisfaction by acting as a liaison between residents and the staff.
This position reports to the Community Director.
Responsibilities may include:
- Answer phone to set appointments and invite prospects to tour the community
- Greet, show, follow-up, and sign prospective residents
- Prepare move-in packages and lease paperwork
- Walk units to confirm readiness and request repairs
- Record all traffic and leasing activity and follow up with undecided traffic
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Review lease and issue keys, gate cards, etc.
- Establish and maintain rapport with residents and act as a liaison between the residents and the staff
- Office organization and record keeping, maintain office supplies
- Assist with maintaining resident files and entering resident information into database
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Post ads and plan or participate in open houses
- Plan and implement social events for residents on a regular basis
- Develop resident retention plans and implements marketing strategies to increase visitor traffic
- Collect rent, deposits and hold fees
- Bookkeeping with appropriate software
- Record delinquencies and post late notices
- Monitor rental collections, occupancy rates, move ins and move outs
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
- Respond to resident complaints, concerns and requests
Ideal candidates should possess a dynamic personality and the ability to connect with any personality. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. A can-do spirit with proven reliability is required.
- Professional appearance and able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies
- Reliable means of transportation, a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current auto insurance
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE / Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Office skills: strong customer service orientation, typing, clerical, telephone, basic internet, word processing and spread sheet skills, sales skills
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive, upbeat attitude
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than home property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
A Big Plus:
- General knowledge of property management, leasing offices, apartment rentals
- Bi-lingual skills
- Social Media and/or graphics skills
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
- Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, marketing, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
We offer temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a drug/toxicology screening test
- Required to pass a comprehensive criminal background check
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
- Must respect the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Compliance with the IPA Employee Safety and Compliance manual.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, use hands to fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects; stoop; balance; climb; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include depth perception; average, ordinary visual acuity to prepare or inspect documents.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, which may include but are not limited to hot, cold, icy, or wet. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Additional Roles we place throughout Raleigh:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.