Leasing Specialist - Apartment Community
Seeking apartment leasing consultants to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Leasing Consultants are community ambassadors between the public, the residents and the management team. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of every client and providing solutions.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Answer inquiries by phone and email
- Schedule appointments
- Provide tours and promote attractive community features
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Prepare leasing documents
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Records visitor traffic, leasing status and community complaints
- Prepares service requests
- Prepares move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
- Plans and coordinates events
- Prepares refreshments
- Prepares and distributes move-in packets and gifts for new residents
Ideal candidates must possess a dynamic personality with the ability to interact and connect with all different personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. A can-do spirit with proven reliability is required. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
- Best candidates are friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
- Bi-Lingual skills, knowledge of tax credit, fair housing laws, safety issues and / or a working knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR are a PLUS
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates.
Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers.
Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive criminal background check and drug screen.
- No prior apartment evictions
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
Additional Roles we place throughout Orange County:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
John brings over 20 years of Property Management experience to Career Strategies. He has held positions of Regional Manager and Resident Manager as well as having all of the maintenance skills. He has 10+ years experience recruiting in both The Inland Empire and Orange County.
John has over 10 years experience training individuals in property management. He has taught property management classes throughout the country as well as at the Vocational College level in California. He is a Nationally Certified Property Management Instructor through The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Property Management Division, RAM Program. In addition, he is a Certified Instructor for The California Apartment Association as well as Certified by The Private Postsecondary & Vocational Education Department of the State of California.
At Career Strategies, John conducts the Leasing Seminars for all the new candidates. John has earned the following designations through NAHB: RAM, RAM Dean, CLP (Certified Leasing Professional) and through Affordable Housing Management Association (AHMA) Certified Occupancy Specialist I & II.