Maintenance Supervisor - Residential Community
San Clemente, CA
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Temp to Hire Maintenance Supervisor to provide exceptional service at our clients' apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members. The Maintenance Supervisor must have experience.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Perform preventative maintenance in buildings and/or apartments including, but not limited to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Lock installations
- Preventative or seasonal maintenance
- Start-up, maintenance and winterization of irrigation system
- Complete or delegate swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on building HVAC systems
- Health and safety maintenance
- Prepare spec and requests from 3rd party service contractors.
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Prioritize, assign and review department workload
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Evaluate staff performance
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Must have a strong personality and be able to lead.
- Pass Maintenance Exam of around 25 questions
- Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers.
Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive background check and drug screen.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Additional Roles we place throughout Southern California:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
Ashley joined the Property Management division at Career Strategies, Inc in 2010, assisting clients in their search for Leasing Consultants, Maintenance, Porters, Sign Holders, and Property Managers in Orange County.
Although she's accessible and ready to respond 24 hours a day, every client is serviced by a two-person team for back up coverage. This guarantees there’s a professional familiar with your business needs and available to you on demand.