Maintenance Supervisor in South Jacksonville
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Temp to Hire Maintenance Supervisor to provide exceptional service at a newly renovated, 1200 home, apartment community.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members. The Maintenance Supervisor must have experience and EPA certificate. This position will oversee 9 staff members with one other Supervisor.
Serious Inquires ONLY! Please submit your resume to this ad for immediate call!
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Perform preventative maintenance in buildings and/or apartments including, but not limited to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Lock installations
- Preventative or seasonal maintenance
- Start-up, maintenance and winterization of irrigation system
- Complete or delegate swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on building HVAC systems
- Health and safety maintenance
- Prepare spec and requests from 3rd party service contractors.
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Prioritize, assign and review department workload
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Evaluate staff performance
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Must have a strong personality and be able to lead.
- Pass Maintenance Exam of around 25 questions
- Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Benefits will be given after 90 days and Insurance is offered after 30 days of employment on their payroll.
- Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive background check and drug screen.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers.
Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Additional Roles we place throughout Jacksonville, Florida:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
In 2013, Jennifer joined CSi’s Denver branch in Recruiting Support. Although she didn’t come from a recruitment background, she exceeded every challenge and was quickly promoted to Regional Manager. Her talent at building strong partnerships couldn’t be ignored, and it wasn’t long before she was offered the opportunity to open our Greater Jacksonville branch.
She considers herself a “match maker” and takes care to learn the needs and personality of every client and applicant so that her pairings are based on the right qualities and chemistry.
Away from the office, Jennifer supports the First Coast Apartment Association, enjoys time with family and recently joined the Professional Women’s Council (PWC).