Maintenance Supervisor with 5 years experience
Orange Park, FL
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Temp to Hire Maintenance Supervisor to provide exceptional service at a apartment community. Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
The Maintenance Supervisor must have minimum 5 years experience and EPA certification. This position will oversee other staff members.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Perform preventative maintenance in buildings and/or apartments including, but not limited to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Lock installations
- Preventative or seasonal maintenance
- Start-up, maintenance and winterization of irrigation system
- Complete or delegate swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on building HVAC systems
- Health and safety maintenance
- Prepare spec and requests from 3rd party service contractors.
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Prioritize, assign and review department workload
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Evaluate staff performance
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
- Experience: Minimum 5 years
- EPA Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Must have a strong personality and be able to lead.
- Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
- Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive background check and drug screen.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY!
Many thing make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Additional Roles we place in Jacksonville and surrounding areas:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
In 2013, Jennifer joined CSi’s Denver branch in Recruiting Support. Although she didn’t come from a recruitment background, she exceeded every challenge and was quickly promoted to Regional Manager. Her talent at building strong partnerships couldn’t be ignored, and it wasn’t long before she was offered the opportunity to open our Greater Jacksonville branch.
She considers herself a “match maker” and takes care to learn the needs and personality of every client and applicant so that her pairings are based on the right qualities and chemistry.
Away from the office, Jennifer supports the First Coast Apartment Association, enjoys time with family and recently joined the Professional Women’s Council (PWC).