Maintenance Tech I - All levels experience
Costa Mesa, CA
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Maintenance professionals to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Reliable means of transportation
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE a must
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Experience with basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry necessary and general HANDYMAN experience a big plus!
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up in salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Additional Roles we place:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager