Maintenance Technician - Live On Site in Free Apartment
A Senior Community in Reston, Virginia is seeking a dependable and hard-working live-on Maintenance Technician with previous apartment maintenance experience to join the team. The ideal candidate must have a good work ethic, strong communication skills, positive attitude, attention to detail and must take pride in their work.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- General maintenance of currently occupied apartments
- Timely ability to make units ready for move-in
- Repair/replacement of all household appliances
- Minor carpentry and plumbing
- Basic drywall and painting
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
Categories: Maintenance, Property Management, Residential, Apartment, Service Technician, Real Estate
- Will be required to move on site after 30-60 days
- Availability for rotation of after-hours emergency maintenance calls
- Entry level knowledge of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, painting, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and quality
- Must have own tools
- Must have reliable transportation
** Must be able to pass comprehensive criminal and credit background check.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY!
Many thing make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available!
Additional Roles we place: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
DC • MD • VA Property Management
Dialed in to clients 24/7, our local DMV team specializes in placing local professionals into temp, temp to hire, direct hire and sure hire opportunities at residential communities throughout Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.
Along with an amazing support team, their dedicated leasing office and maintenance associates work diligently to provide the same exceptional service that launched our flagship East Coast office in 2013.
Have questions about the Property Management Industry? Call Team AX!