The Maintenance Technician works to prepare recently vacated apartments for readiness and availability to rent to another resident.
About the Position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Walk property grounds daily, maintain exterior of the property to ensure grounds are clean and property has excellent curb appeal.
- Alert supervisor of any potential liabilities or repairs. Identify property problems and repairs needed in the areas of structural, electrical, plumbing, and appliances.
- Under the direction of the Community Manager or Maintenance Supervisor and (if applicable) with the assistance of other Maintenance Staff, respond to all service requests and complete all Work Orders and Apartment Turnovers in a timely and professional manner in accordance with Guardian’s policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. Keep the model unit in condition to show and make sure that the office, maintenance work area, grounds and common areas are neat and clean at all times.
- Regularly inspect property and vacant apartments and coordinate the work and schedules of property vendors.
- Perform maintenance or coordinate maintenance of pools, spas, and pool areas (if applicable).
- Follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property, owner, and Guardian information at all times.
- Accurately record time worked, adhere to time keeping guidelines including approving site staff time records on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Manager or Portfolio Manager.
CATEGORIES: MAINTENANCE, RESIDENTIAL MAINTENANCE, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, HANDY MAN SERVICES, GROUNDS KEEP, CLEAN UP CREW, REMODEL
The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- At least one year of work experience in property maintenance.
- Possess and transport own tools and materials needed for job.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner.
- If applicable, own or have access to reliable transportation
- CPO and HVAC/EPA Certifications are always a plus but not required
Schedule: Monday through Friday; day shift.
- Background Check conducted
- Drug and alcohol free workplace
- Immediate start available
- We reimburse $2.50 per day when using public transportation
- Pay raise when hired
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally and right here in the Valley since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
- GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
- CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
- RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.