Residential Community Maintenance Tech
Seeking maintenance professionals to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
Duties include (but are not limited to)
- Preparing or completing service requests
- Inspecting grounds & common areas
- Troubleshooting repair issues
- Preparing and fulfilling turnover checklists
- Preventative or seasonal maintenance (such as winterization or pool openings)
- Lock installations
- Updating inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Communicating with residents regarding service requests
- Communicating with management about complaints or community violations
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Professional appearance and willingness to follow community's dress code
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE a must
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Experience with basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry necessary and general HANDYMAN experience a big plus!
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive criminal background check and drug screen.
We offer temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a comprehensive drug/toxicology screening test
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
- Compliance with the IPA Employee Safety and Compliance manual.
Additional Roles we place throughout Virginia:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Property Management Division
In 2013 Sarah took her career in a new direction at Career Strategies, where she uses her experience to help clients in the industry she grew to love. She also currently serves on the Central Virginia Apartment Association (CVAA) as a member of the Advisory Committee and Vice-Chair for the Supplier Council.
Need quality help for vacation, medical, maternity leave or busy turnover seasons? Seeking the dream employee for permanent placement? CSI offers many staffing options from temp, temp to hire, and direct hire to payrolling - a great way to try your candidates before you hire them.