Tax Credit Re-certification Specialist
CSI seeks professionals with affordable housing expertise for leasing roles at residential communities. Applicants must have experience with low income housing, Section 42 tax credit and housing standards, HUD Section 8 program compliance, federal and state fair housing laws, and multi-family communities.
Leasing Consultants guide visitors and future residents through the application and move-in process. Activities may include leading property tours, assisting with application paperwork, managing the applicant approval process and offering specialized knowledge about housing resources.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
- Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
- Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
- Maintain and audit HUD files
- Respond to inquiries and requests for leasing information, appointments, maintenance requests and resident complaints.
- Prepare move-in packages and lease paperwork
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Establish and maintain rapport with residents and act as a liaison between the residents and the staff
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Plan and implement social events for residents on a regular basis
- Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates.
- Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines.
- Train colleagues to ensure program compliance.
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
Ideal candidates should possess the ability to connect with any personality. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role.
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Professional appearance and able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies
- Reliable means of transportation, a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current auto insurance
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE / Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Office skills: strong customer service orientation, typing, clerical, telephone, basic internet, word processing and spread sheet skills, sales skills
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive, upbeat attitude
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than home property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
A Big Plus:
- Tax Credit certification
- General knowledge of multi-family residences, property management, leasing offices, apartment rentals
- Bi-lingual skills
- Social Media and/or graphics skills
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
- Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, marketing, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
We offer temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a drug/toxicology screening test
- Required to pass a comprehensive criminal background check
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
- Must respect the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Compliance with the IPA Employee Safety and Compliance manual.
Roles we place in California:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.