AMAZING Leasing Consultant Needed - Section 8 Exp
Los Angeles, CA 90026 US
We’re desperate for AMAZING Leasing Consultants with experience and advanced knowledge in Affordable Housing, Tax Credit (Section 42 / LIHTC), Compliance, Section 8 Documentation and Yardi Software.
Leasing Consultants are community ambassadors between the public, the residents and the management team. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of every client and providing solutions.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with Section 8 (HUD) applicants
- LIHTC processing
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Explain lease and community policies to new and current residents
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and provide information to prospective residents
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver new resident gifts and move in packets
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Prepare service requests
- Prepare move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
Ideal candidates are warm and approachable, able to connect with different personalities and enjoy helping others. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
CRUCIAL Requirements / Experience With:
- Affordable Housing
- LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) / Section 42
- Section 8 Documentation
- Compliance Specialist
- Property Management Software: YARDI
- High school diploma
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Well organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
Temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time?
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.