Affordable Housing - Consultant
Oakland, CA 94611 US
CSI seeks professionals with affordable housing expertise for leasing roles at residential communities. Applicants must have experience with low income housing, Section 42 tax credit and housing standards, HUD Section 8 program compliance, federal and state fair housing laws, and multi-family communities.
Leasing Consultants guide visitors and future residents through the application and move-in process. Activities may include leading property tours, assisting with application paperwork, managing the applicant approval process and offering specialized knowledge about housing resources.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
- Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
- Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
- Maintain and audit HUD files
- Respond to inquiries and requests for leasing information, appointments, maintenance requests and resident complaints.
- Prepare move-in packages and lease paperwork
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Establish and maintain rapport with residents and act as a liaison between the residents and the staff
- Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
- Plan and implement social events for residents on a regular basis
- Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates.
- Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines.
- Train colleagues to ensure program compliance.
- Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
Ideal candidates should possess the ability to connect with any personality. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role.
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Professional appearance and able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies
- Reliable means of transportation, a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current auto insurance
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE / Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Office skills: strong customer service orientation, typing, clerical, telephone, basic internet, word processing and spread sheet skills, sales skills
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive, upbeat attitude
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than home property
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
A Big Plus:
- Tax Credit certification
- General knowledge of multi-family residences, property management, leasing offices, apartment rentals
- Bi-lingual skills
- Social Media and/or graphics skills
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
- Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, marketing, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many thing make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance/Turnover/HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.