Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US
Career Strategies Inc. seeks am Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist with experience assisting Low Income Housing applicants for a Jacksonville apartment community.
Rate of Pay is $14-17 (Depending on Experience)
Compliance Specialists are responsible for monitoring, implementing, coordinating and conducting compliance audits for each property to ensure that resident files are in compliance with Tax Credit, HUD, Fair Housing, CRA, RHCP, MHP, CalHFA, MHSA, BOND, local and other regulatory guidelines.
About the Position:
- Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
- LIHTC processing
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and provide information to prospective residents
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
- Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
- Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
- Maintain and audit HUD files
- Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
- Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements
- Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates
- Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines
- Train colleagues to ensure program compliance
This is not a comprehensive list of the duties assigned to this role.
About the Candidate:
- LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) / Section 42
- Section 8 Documentation
- Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
- Professional appearance and able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies
- (PLUS) Tax Credit certification
- General knowledge of multi-family residences, property management, leasing offices, apartment rentals
- Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
- GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
- CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
- RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.