Apartment Community - Leasing Consultant
Redlands, CA 92373 US
Career Strategies Inc. seeks leasing consultants to provide exceptional service at apartment communities. This exciting role encompasses sales, customer service and marketing skills. Leasing consultants lease apartments through product demonstration, product knowledge of competitors and sales techniques. They also assist with resident retention and customer satisfaction for current residents and prospective residents. Administrative duties include completing lease paperwork, updating web advertising and inquiries, and completing leasing reports.
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Prepare refreshments
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver new resident gifts and move in packets
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Prepare service requests
- Prepare move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
- Use sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and achieve occupancy percentages
Ideal candidates must possess a dynamic personality and love interacting with different personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
- High school education
- 1+ years' customer service and/or sales experience
- Reliable means of transportation
- Basic to intermediate math skills
- Office skills: computers, intermediate+ typing, clerical tasks, telephone etiquette
- PLUS: Bilingual language skills
- PLUS: knowledge of tax credit, fair housing, property management software (YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR)
- Personality & Characteristics: Able to multi-task and prioritize, tactful, diplomatic, professional appearance, able to solve problems with minimal supervision, learns from constructive feedback, excellent written and verbal communication skills, outgoing, self-motivated, reliable, punctual, able to read and interpret different types of information
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity. All candidates submit to comprehensive criminal background check.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Property Management roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance Technicians, Turnover Technicians, HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers. Bilingual language skills are a PLUS.