Experienced Low Income Housing Community Rep
Jacksonville, FL 32223
Career Strategies Inc. seeks a Community Representative with experience processing interim & annual Section 8 re-certifications for our client, a 200 unit, Jacksonville apartment community specializing in affordable housing and assisted living.
This exciting role encompasses sales, customer service and marketing. The primary responsibility of this position is to lease apartments through product demonstration, with other duties including resident retention and customer satisfaction for the current residents and prospective residents.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with Section 8 (HUD) certifications
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Explain lease and community policies to new and current residents
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and provide information to prospective residents
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver new resident gifts and move in packets
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Prepare service requests
- Prepare move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
- Answer phones, type, fax, read and comprehend documents, filing.
Ideal candidates possess a warm and engaging personality with the ability to interact and connect with different personalities. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
- Experience with HUD, LIHTC, Section 8
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years sales or customer service experience
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Well organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Extra Points for Experience: Bi-Lingual skills, knowledge of tax credit, fair housing laws, safety issues and / or a working knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
Temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time?
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.