Groundskeepers / Porters for Apartment Complexes
Durham, NC 27705 US
Temp and Temp to Hire opportunities at residential, multi-family communities. We seek groundskeepers and porters for multiple roles, immediate opportunities.
Porters maintain the environment that residents and visitors enjoy. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of the complex and providing solutions.
All experience levels encouraged to apply - from seasoned journeymen to entry level.
Duties may include some or all of the following (but are not limited to):
- Cleans grounds and removes litter
- Spread salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup
- Daily upkeep of the property buildings and grounds, including cleaning and removing of trash
- Care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Care for lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Decorate gardens with stones and plants.
- Daily upkeep, including cleaning and removing trash in common areas, leasing offices, laundry rooms, models, public restrooms, and/or hallways.
- Maintain property in an attractive, comfortable condition
- Trash pickup on the property
- Power washing
- Landscaping / Grounds keeping: mow grass, pull weeds, trim trees and shrubs, watering, rake leaves
- Touch up painting
- Replace light bulbs along pathways and parking areas
- Trash outs
- Assists with all types of maintenance as requested
- Preparing market ready units, including cleaning and removing trash from vacant apartments (trash outs).
- Basic pool cleaning, alignment and cleaning of pool furniture, pool chemical maintenance.
Ideal candidates possess a dynamic personality with the ability to interact and connect with all different personalities.
- No experience required
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Best candidates are friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different! We’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Additional Roles we place: Leasing Manager, Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, Leasing Consultant, Leasing Specialist, Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish), Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish), Administrative Assistant, Resident Relations, Concierge, Front Desk, Bookkeeper, Residential Sales & Marketing, Maintenance Technician, Make-Ready Technician, Turnover Technician, HVAC Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Porter, Groundskeeper, Housekeeping