HVAC Maintenance Tech
Richmond, VA 23230 US
We are immediately hiring for an HVAC/CFC Certified Maintenance Technician in Richmond.
Maintenance staff are responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
• Complete work orders and service requests
• Replace HVAC filters
• Clean AC unit vents
• Inventory control
• Report incidents or accidents
• Trash out units
• Inspect properties to determine need for improvements or repairs
• Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times
• Perform scheduled maintenance on equipment
• Paint interior and exterior of units and community
• Resolve electrical, plumbing and appliance repair
• Update activity log
• Prepare vacant apartments for market ready status
• Snow removal, cleaning and maintenance of grounds and common areas
• On-call and after hours emergency services
• Install ceiling fans and wall sockets
• Minor plumbing
• Pressure washing
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
• Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
• Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
• Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
• Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
• Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
• Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
• Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
• Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
• Install locks
• 6+ months HVAC experience
• 1+ years’ maintenance experience
• Bilingual is a plus
• CFC Certificate
• HVAC Certificate
• 1+ years’ experience working in the Apartment Industry
• Reliable transportation required
• The ability to safely lift 60 pounds
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
• GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
• CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
• LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
• RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
For other property management jobs near you, visit our website at www.csipropertymanagement.com
Equal Opportunity Employer