Richmond, VA 23230 US
Seeking apartment leasing consultants to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Leasing Consultants are community ambassadors between the public, the residents and the management team. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of every client and providing solutions.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
• Answer inquiries by phone and email
• Schedule appointments
• Provide tours and promote attractive community features
• Collect application fees, deposits and rent
• Prepare and submit application materials for approval
• Prepare leasing documents
• Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
• Records visitor traffic, leasing status and community complaints
• Prepares service requests
• Prepares move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
• Plans and coordinates events
• Prepares refreshments
• Prepares and distributes move-in packets and gifts for new residents
Ideal candidates must possess a dynamic personality with the ability to interact and connect with all different personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. A can-do spirit with proven reliability is required. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
A minimum of a high school education is required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
• At least 6 months of leasing experience required
• Excellent sales skills
• Must possess leadership skills and coaching ability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
• Must be well organized
• Professional appearance
• Reliable means of transportation
• Ability to be prompt and on time every day
• Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
• Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
• Best candidates are friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Bi-Lingual skills, knowledge of tax credit, fair housing laws, safety issues and / or a working knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR are a PLUS
• Physical requirements: Ability to walk the property extensively, ability to bend and stoop, ability to lift under 50 pounds.
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
• GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
• CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
• LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
• RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.