Leasing Consultants - Temp to Hire
Hayward, CA 94541 US
We’re desperate for AMAZING Leasing Consultants with experience and advanced knowledge in Affordable Housing, Tax Credit (Section 42 / LIHTC), Compliance, Section 8 Documentation and Yardi Software.
Leasing Consultants are community ambassadors between the public, the residents and the management team. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of every client and providing solutions.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with Section 8 (HUD) applicants
- LIHTC processing
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Explain lease and community policies to new and current residents
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and provide information to prospective residents
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver new resident gifts and move in packets
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Prepare service requests
- Prepare move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
Ideal candidates are warm and approachable, able to connect with different personalities and enjoy helping others. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
Experience with the following is in high demand:
- Affordable Housing
- LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) / Section 42
- Section 8 Documentation
- Compliance Specialist
- Property Management Software: YARDI
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Well organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many thing make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance/Turnover/HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.