Richmond, VA 23230 US
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Temp to Hire Maintenance Supervisor to provide exceptional service at a Class B apartment community with over 1200 homes.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
The Maintenance Supervisor must have experience and EPA certificate. This position will oversee 9 staff members with one other Supervisor.
Serious Inquires ONLY! Please submit your resume to this ad for immediate call!
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
• Prepare or complete service requests
• Inspect grounds & common areas
• Troubleshoot repair issues
• Perform preventative maintenance in buildings and/or apartments including, but not limited to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
• Lock installations
• Preventative or seasonal maintenance
• Start-up, maintenance and winterization of irrigation system
• Complete or delegate swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
• Inspect and perform regular maintenance on building HVAC systems
• Health and safety maintenance
• Prepare spec and requests from 3rd party service contractors.
• Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
• Prioritize, assign and review department workload
• Update inventory logs
• Maintenance team support
• Evaluate staff performance
• Communicate with residents regarding service requests
• Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
• Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
• Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
• Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
• Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
• Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
• Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
• Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
• Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
• Install locks
• High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
• Must have a strong personality and be able to lead.
• Pass Maintenance Exam of around 25 questions
• Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening
• Reliable means of transportation
• Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
• Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
• Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
• Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
• CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
Prefer: Boiler License, HVAC, CPO, Universal CFC, other certifications are a PLUS
• Prefer: 1 year experience
• Bilingual is a plus
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
• Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
• Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
• User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
• Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
• Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them! Not only can we launch you into this great new job, but once hired at the property you can anticipate an immediate bump up to your salary and additional perks may be available such as bonuses, commissions, and even discounted or FREE apartments!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
For other property management jobs near you, visit our website at www.csipropertymanagement.com
Equal Opportunity Employer