Maintenance Supervisor with 5 years experience
Orange Park, FL 32065
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Temp to Hire Maintenance Supervisor to provide exceptional service at a apartment community. Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
The Maintenance Supervisor must have minimum 5 years experience and EPA certification. This position will oversee other staff members.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Perform preventative maintenance in buildings and/or apartments including, but not limited to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Lock installations
- Preventative or seasonal maintenance
- Start-up, maintenance and winterization of irrigation system
- Complete or delegate swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Inspect and perform regular maintenance on building HVAC systems
- Health and safety maintenance
- Prepare spec and requests from 3rd party service contractors.
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Prioritize, assign and review department workload
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Evaluate staff performance
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
- Experience: Minimum 5 years
- EPA Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Must have a strong personality and be able to lead.
- Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening
- Reliable means of transportation
- Proven ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision, when necessary
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
- Must be willing to provide verifiable references and submit to a comprehensive background check and drug screen.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, Response and Communication Protocols.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time?
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.