Maintenance Tech I - All levels experience
Santa Ana, CA 92703 US
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Maintenance professionals to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
About the Position:
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
About the Candidate:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- Reliable means of transportation
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE a must
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Completing work in a timely, cost effective, and accurate manner
- Respectful of the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Experience with basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry necessary and general HANDYMAN experience a big plus!
- CPO and HVAC certification is a PLUS
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
We offer temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified individuals. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Other roles we staff in Southern California include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.