Maintenance Tech with Apartment Community Experience
New Port Richey, FL 34652 US
Property Management staffing firm seeks Maintenance professionals with experience in property management or residential communities to provide service at apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
About the Position
- Prepare or complete service requests and documentation
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
- 1 year maintenance experience
- High school diploma
- Reliable means of transportation
- Outgoing, self-motivated and highly reliable
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Plus: Boiler License, HVAC, CPO, Universal CFC, other certifications are a PLUS
- Bilingual is a plus
Must be skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your "foot in the door", showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.