Maintenance Technician III - Commercial Real Estate
Panorama City, CA 91402
We seek a Maintenance Technician for our client’s property management company in Los Angeles.
The Maintenance Technician III performs maintenance and repairs on plumbing and electrical systems throughout the facility. They perform routine tests on building operating systems including Fire Alarms, Security, Timers, Sound and AV systems, etc. and coordinates repairs by contractors as needed. They support the Facility Manager by coordinating staffing schedules and acting as interim manager while FM is off site.
Our client is a family-owned, full service “build to suit” real estate developer and facility management firm with properties throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. They specialize in development, investment services, tenant representation and brokerage in the industrial, office, healthcare and retail landscape. Their commitment to quality, service and excellence begins “at home” with a highly supportive company culture encouraging a work/life balance and offering excellent benefits and career growth opportunity.
The ideal candidate is professional and courteous, brings 5+ years’ experience in property and facility maintenance and has knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems. They’ve performed regular testing on facility operating systems including fire alarms, security systems and other technical equipment at past roles. Their knowledge includes familiarity with commercial maintenance equipment and experience managing junior maintenance staff.
About the Position:
- Direct and coordinate facility maintenance activities
- Assist with facility management when Facility Manager is not present
- Create work orders
- Assign work orders and track status to completion
- Track work orders using a CMMS system
- Coordinate subcontractor work
- Monitor day porter(s) and their activities
- Update staffing schedules
- Test and assess maintenance issues with plumbing, electrical, heating systems
- Communicate all maintenance issues, activities, expenses and progress with Facility Manager
- Maintain lighting fixtures, ballasts, and circuit switches, sensors and timers
- Maintain 115V and 220V outlets and circuits
- Replace parts and components as needed to correct plumbing, electrical, heating systems
- Test and reprogram (when needed) electronic systems (Fire Alarm, Security, Timers, Sound and AV systems, etc.)
- Maintain flush valve on toilets/urinals
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on all plumbing fixtures
- Identify, recommend and implement preventative and maintenance care for equipment
- Maintain roof gutters, storm and sewer drains, faucets, valves, water filters, etc.
- Clear drainage/sewage stoppages using appropriate equipment and methods
- Shut off valves and mains as needed for repairs and maintenance
- Repair and assemble furniture, desks, chairs, etc.
- Patch walls
- Install or repair ceramic wall tiles
- Evaluate and maintain property and grounds
- Maintain fire and safety standards
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Lift up to 50 lbs
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School diploma (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in property maintenance technician roles (MUST)
- 2+ year experience with HVAC (PLUS)
- Valid driver’s license (MUST)
- Bilingual Spanish/English (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: work well with teams, self-starter, excellent verbal and written communication and follow up, ability to anticipate needs and problems, reliable, customer service oriented, excellent attendance, problem solver
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally and right here in the Valley since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
- GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
- CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
- RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.