Los Angeles, CA 90015 US
We seek a reliable Maintenance Technician for a property management company in Los Angeles. The Maintenance Technician is an important part in assuring a professionally run apartment community and is responsible for the physical part of the community and this covers all areas from the ground up.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Role:
• Make ready/turning apartments in between resident occupancy
• Repair the grounds, interior/exterior of the building and all common areas
• Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
• Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor flaws from normal wear and tear
• Painting: from minor touch-ups following damage repair, to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents as well as painting outside
• Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks and air conditioners
• Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
• Strong commitment to customer service and maintain good resident retention
• Complete service requests in a timely manner
• Assist and report to Maintenance Supervisor
• Assist with service-oriented maintenance related issues
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- At least 1 year of residential experience (MUST)
- Good work ethic and teamwork
- Ability to perform minor plumbing repairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., on a regular basis
- Extensive standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, reaching, lifting, gripping, bending and climbing of stairs required
- Normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Use of trade tools and equipment such as blowers, pressure washers, vacuums and hand tools and compressors in order to complete a service request
See more administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers. Disclaimer: The opportunities held by Career Strategies, Inc. may be temporary, permanent or interview-based. In order to qualify for any Career Strategies, Inc. job position, you must become a registered employee prior to being considered. Applying to any CSi job post does not guarantee employment.