Maintenance Techs for Apartment Communities
Sacramento, CA 95823
Prominent staffing firm specializing in Property Management seeks Maintenance professionals to provide exceptional service at apartment communities.
Maintenance staff is responsible for all aspects of property maintenance including curb appeal, service requests, apartment turnovers, preventative maintenance, and relations with associates, contractors, and team members.
Duties may include (but are not limited to)
- Prepare or complete service requests
- Inspect grounds & common areas
- Troubleshoot repair issues
- Prepare and fulfill turnover checklists
- Update inventory logs
- Maintenance team support
- Communicate with residents regarding service requests
- Communicate with management about complaints or community violations
Examples of Work That May Be Included in this Role:
- Plumbing: repair, replace or install faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, or washing machines
- Electrical: repair, replace or install power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, or garage doors openers
- Drywall repair: fill holes caused by nails, minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy or larger holes caused by damage
- Painting: minor touch-ups following damage repair to new coats of paint applied to unit walls in between residents
- Appliance repair: repair, replace or install household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners
- Preventative maintenance: perform maintenance to heating and air-conditioning systems, plumbing fixtures, sprinkler system, smoke detector and fire extinguishers
- Seasonal maintenance: swimming pool opening procedures, daily maintenance, and end of season close down procedures
- Health and safety maintenance (such as sprinkler systems or smoke detectors)
- Install locks
- BONUS: Boiler License, HVAC, CPO, Universal CFC, other certifications are a PLUS
- BONUS: 1+ year experience
- High school diploma
- Reliable means of transportation
- Outgoing, self-motivated and highly reliable
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Bilingual is a plus
Skill in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools is a plus:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, post hole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Call today and find out why Career Strategies is NOT your same old temp agency – we’re different – we’re a PLACEMENT AGENCY! Many things make us better – but what really makes us different is that our goal is to GET YOU HIRED!
Most of our clients are looking to HIRE! We match our client’s needs with your skill set and get your foot in the door with a great assignment where you can showcase your talents. Your job is to win them over with your fantastic skills and make sure it’s a great match for you too! If it’s a match for everyone, then a job offer is extended and you’re hired by them!
Additional Roles we place throughout your area:
- Leasing Manager
- Property Manager
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Leasing Specialist
- Bi-lingual Leasing Consultant (English/Spanish)
- Bi-lingual Property Manager (English/Spanish)
- Administrative Assistant
- Resident Relations
- Front Desk
- Residential Sales & Marketing
- Maintenance Technician
- Make-Ready Technician
- Turnover Technician
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager