Porters / Grounds Staff for Apartment Communities
Alexandria, VA 22303 US
Temp and Temp to Hire opportunities at residential, multi-family communities located in Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. We seek groundskeepers and porters for multiple roles, immediate opportunities. All experience levels encouraged to apply - from seasoned journeymen to entry level.
Similar to janitorial work, porters ensure that communities are tidy and free from clutter. Porters maintain the environment that residents and visitors enjoy. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of the complex and providing solutions.
Duties may include some or all of the following (but are not limited to):
- Clean and remove trash from common areas, leasing offices, laundry rooms, models, public restrooms, and/or hallways.
- Maintain property in an attractive, comfortable condition
- Trash pickup on the property
- Power washing
- Mow grass, pull weeds, trim trees and shrubs, watering, rake leaves
- Touch up painting
- Replace light bulbs along pathways and parking areas
- Assist with maintenance duties
- Prepare units for presentation, including cleaning and trash outs
- Inspect common areas and improve as needed
- Maintain pool area, test chemicals in water, rearrange and clean pool furniture
- Restock supplies such as soap, paper towels and toilet paper, paper
- Prepare maintenance service requests
- Shovel snow from sidewalks and entries, salt parking areas, sidewalks and entries
- Adjust automated watering times, check sprinkler heads and operation.
- Maintain community lost and found
- Remove or treat weeds
- Clean debris from curbs and entries
- Wash exterior siding and garage panels, sweep entrances and staircases.
- Maintain equipment used in tasks
- May require use of sweeping machines, snow blowers, landscaping equipment, trash compactors
- Report acts of vandalism or destruction of property
- Maintain and sanitize trash collection areas
- Create or complete checklists
- Monthly cleaning of doors, windows, partitions, light fixtures, window treatments, glass, sills and décor.
Ideal candidates possess a dynamic personality with the ability to interact and connect with all different personalities.
- No experience required
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Best candidates are friendly, outgoing and display a positive, upbeat attitude
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
- GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
- CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
- RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.