Tax Credit Leasing Consultant
Richmond, VA 23230 US
CSI seeks professionals with affordable housing expertise for leasing roles at residential communities. Applicants must have experience with low income housing, Section 42 tax credit and housing standards, HUD Section 8 program compliance, federal and state fair housing laws, and multi-family communities.
Leasing Consultants guide visitors and future residents through the application and move-in process. Activities may include leading property tours, assisting with application paperwork, managing the applicant approval process and offering specialized knowledge about housing resources.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist with Fair Housing, Section 42 Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Program compliance
• Stay informed about changes to affordable housing regulations and requirements
• Greet visitors, monitor incoming traffic, assess needs, guide tours of apartments and community, qualify prospects, process applications, prepare lease agreements/renewals, and answer community related questions
• Identify households with income reporting discrepancies and adjust rent
• Maintain and audit HUD files
• Respond to inquiries and requests for leasing information, appointments, maintenance requests and resident complaints.
• Prepare move-in packages and lease paperwork
• Verify application and notify applicants of approved or denial
• Establish and maintain rapport with residents and act as a liaison between the residents and the staff
• Assist with marketing and promotional efforts, including ad tracking, signage, mailings and events
• Plan and implement social events for residents on a regular basis
• Maintain HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program
• Ensure compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
• Ensure compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates.
• Determine eligibility for assistance and occupancy in accordance with program guidelines.
• Train colleagues to ensure program compliance.
• Monitor community appearance and oversee repair needs
Ideal candidates should possess the ability to connect with any personality. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role.
• Knowledge of LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit), Affordable Housing, Section 8, Fair Housing Laws, Health and Safety issues
• Professional appearance and able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
• Able to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies
• Reliable means of transportation, a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current auto insurance
• Outgoing, self-motivated, and highly RELIABLE / Ability to be prompt and on time every day
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
• Ability to multi-task, solve problems and work with minimal supervision
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Office skills: strong customer service orientation, typing, clerical, telephone, basic internet, word processing and spread sheet skills, sales skills
• Friendly and outgoing with a positive, upbeat attitude
• Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than home property
• Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be required to attend company functions in other cities
• Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role
• (PLUS) Tax Credit certification
• General knowledge of multi-family residences, property management, leasing offices, apartment rentals
• Bi-lingual skills
• Knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR
• Experience with AR/AP, bookkeeping, posting rents, notices, budgeting, and financial reporting
• Physical requirements: Ability to walk the property extensively, ability to bend and stoop, ability to lift under 50 pounds.
At Career Strategies, it has been our pleasure to staff apartment communities nationally since 1989.
Our goal is to see you HIRED within 90 days. We’ll get your foot in the door at AMAZING companies we represent, allowing you to “audition” for the position you want in real life situations. Try the apartment community on for size while the community does the same - all while getting PAID.
And once you’re hired? Expect a bump in salary and possible opportunities for bonuses and commissions!
• GET HIRED: we aren’t your “average agency”. Our employees get FT job offers!
• CAREER GROWTH: our employees move up the ladder within their new companies!
• LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: we keep you close to home within your desired travel range.
• RELIABLE INCOME: We pay weekly via paycheck, direct deposit or global cash cards. On Time / Every Time!
Other roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Bi-lingual Leasing and Maintenance professionals, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance / Turnover / HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers.
For other property management jobs near you, visit our website at www.csipropertymanagement.com
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.